Monday 5 January 2009

Snow!

Yes, there's snow outside, lots of cold white suffocating death in frozen form. To 'celebrate' the snow here's my poem 'The Last Freeze?'

Come now snow and blanket me
How sweet the crisp air shines true
The frozen sky an icy shade of blue
When comes the snow, wait and see
Harken now to the naked bony tree
The storm cloud bruises for the slew
The land waits to take on winter hue
Only external safety found in the lee
It will pass in time of course you know
Soon the land will warm up slowly
Life returning both green and pretty
The cold wind will have its final blow
Spring arrives in pieces and then wholly
Go play outside now my little kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, my secretary will now lose them in the in-tray for a few hours before finding them again and passing them to me.

MuggleNet: Half-Blood Prince Countdown