Saturday 27 December 2008

Cooking Curry

I like to cook and I like to cook curries a lot. I have a simple recipie that works for just about any curry, only the ingredients change. I generally either make a vegetable curry or a minced beef curry. I'm very superstitious about chicken and turkey and I generally don't eat pork at all. I have tried a couple of diced beef curries in the past but I prefer using mince for sheer ease.

Basic method
Take your meat and vegetables, chop up your vegetables and set aside. Brown/seal the meat in veggie oil, adding a little seasoning to meat before sealing if you want a little extra pep. Then add the vegetables and cook them until they go all floppy. (I'm not an expert with all the trendy buzz words). If doing a vegetable curry I tend to use a whole extra onion and sweet pepper to make up for the lack of meat. Then open your jar of curry sauce and add it to the pan, stir it in well, season if you want to and then turn the heat down low and let it simmer for a while until it's reduced a bit and it's not too runny and eeky. Serve with microchips, I hate cooking rice so I never bother unless I really have to.

That recipie covers my whole style of cooking, you can replace curry sauce with bolognase sauce and serve with pasta, or a chili sauce and serve with tortillas. I'm not a fancy chef, I like cooking good simple foods that I know work and taste nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, my secretary will now lose them in the in-tray for a few hours before finding them again and passing them to me.

MuggleNet: Half-Blood Prince Countdown