Wednesday 24 December 2008

seperates vs. dresses

Ok I pretty much prefer the versatility of seperates to the simplicity of a dress, I have tons of stuff I can have endless nightmarish fun going through trying to find the perfect combination for the day. On the other hand there's a time just to say sod it and throw a dress on and vamp it up big style. Skirts are good functional items, stylish and feminine but also utilitarian as they serve a function as much as style. Dresses exist pretty much to show off the curves and flaunt style and sophistication. So is there a point to this thread? Is there a point to any thread? I don't think so, both are equally valid choices, each perfect for the situation which require their use. Right now I'm ditched my thousers for a skirt (ok there was a food spill event and my laundry hamper got involved) and I gotta say I love wearing skirts, there isn't nothing sexier and femine than strutting about the place in a skirt and letting everyone see my pins and yet I remain demure and businesslike, I could meet people right now and I wouldn't feel underdressed. That said tomorrow I'm going to throw on a dress because that's what I want to do. Man, I love feeling like a woman (even if I have to look like a man occassionally).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, my secretary will now lose them in the in-tray for a few hours before finding them again and passing them to me.

MuggleNet: Half-Blood Prince Countdown